Ceramics-



These photos are close ups of some marbled clay I made last week, I liked the effect when I tried this before and think there are many experiments I can do on these pieces layering under-glazes and perhaps scrafito however I love the organic lines created where 2 clays meet so don't want to over complicate the pieces. On a previous slab i made i put on a transparent glaze which brought out the colours of the different clays however this glaze gave the piece a shiny surface which i did not like as it sort of covers the piece- like behind a window I would like to using a matt glaze to see if it works better.
Carrying on with the Migration theme with my work I have done more drawings focasing a lot on text as i can not draw migration first hand which has been a real problem for me as I enjoy drawing and I feel is a pinnacle point in my work.


we created these slip cast cups which I really enjoyed making as it is a really simple process which created these delicate pieces i bisqued fired them and painted them with under glaze in similar shapes from my drawings. I then put a transparent glaze on them and have put ceramic decals on them and now am waiting to see how they turn out. 

I have tried a type of mono print on clay and am excited to see how these come out.

Comments