Rainforest Screen Print





In screen print I have changed my screen again but this time using different medias to draw on the tracing paper- ink, litho crayon and pen to achieve a variety of marks
similar to my original drawing (on left).


I liked the idea of overlapping colours so on the tracing paper I drew some parts of the drawing of 2 pieces of paper so they would print in two different colours.


My favorite part is the scribbled mark made of two colours as the colours seem to blend together and it is interesting to see how the colour change when over the top of another ink rather than the white paper. unfortunately I used the 'ultra fine' pen to draw the trunk of this tree but the single line didn't pick up on the screen which is a bit annoying as now it looks like this shape is floating.
I didn't quite know how the print would turn out but I am really pleased with the result as it keeps the drawn naive quality.
I tried to add more binder than the normal quantity to the inks so they would be more transparent however they still are quite opaque, this is something I wish to experiment with more in the future as I like the effect on litho when the colours are transparent.




I have since printed this a further two more times in different colour ways, although I do not find the technique of screen print as interesting as some others, I love the way you can make multiple images with 1 screen easily.

Comments