progression...

I've been continuing to extrude lines. In my last post I said that I wanted to work on colouring the clay, therefore I wedged some blue stain into porcelain, as I did last year. I can then vitrify the porcelain as glazing them would be difficult due to the complex shapes.
In a tutorial the question of how important is the colour in the clay, was brought to my attention. I have thought about this a lot, there is many ways I could add colour into the sculptures other than in the clay- with other materials and lighting . Therefor I will make more extrusions with the inherit white colour and emeriment with adding other materials.
This photo shows two shapes although I will not make any more shapes in colour, I really like these pieces, as you can balance them together so they stand on their own. I like this as they have this codependent feel.

Comments